So here is Carlos talking about the new edtion and basically going through everything that was said in the Spanish seminar. I made some quick notes while watching so those of you who don't have time to view all 44 minutes of it, read on...
The RulebookFirst off, Infinity will be "resculpted" in a similar way to how new models get new sculpts. The rules will be updated and the translation will be redone and improved. The fluff texts will be re-written and re-translated, but will stay pretty much the same as it is now - there will be no setting changes in the 3rd edition rulebook. Basically it is meant to fit into the chronology of the published Infinity books meaning it won't cover stuff that happens in Human Sphere or Paradiso. As Carlos put it, it's simply meant to replace the 2nd edition rulebook, not any of the other books. In fact he was very clear in telling us that the new book will be compatible with the expansion books published this far. Which is great news of course!
|Carlos demonstrates that the current lineup of books is still valid, only the core rulebooks is getting replaced.|
ALEPH and Tohaa will not be in 3rd edition as they are introduced, fluff-wise, in Human Sphere and Paradiso respectively so wouldn't make much sense for a new player of the game. Of course, the new troop profiles introduced will be downloadable from the website. As will the entire new rulebook when it's done (minus art and fluff).
There will, of course, be more information doled out during the year and new troops, new rules, new artwork and resculpts of old minis will be revealed!
The MiniaturesI won't provide pictures here, just simple bullet points as the information was short but sweet.
- Interventors - New profile and sculpt released next month, with combi rifle and boarding shotgun. Also included will be two Fast Pandas. Tunguska will be in Acheron Falls.
- Zúyong Invincibles - Entirely new troops. Will be in Acheron Falls but also in 3rd ed. Low class heavy infantry, line infantry for the Invicible sectorial. Sculpt base on new Sun Tze. Unfortunately we didn't get to see more of the heavy support troops with the giant shoulder cannons.
- Kazak Spetsnaz - Kazak army in acheron Falls but new profiles for generic Ariadna in 3rd ed. Two troop profiles: Ambush and para-trooper.
- Kum Bikers - There will be a second box (with the female biker) coming later this year.
- Muttawu'ah - Resculpt with new profile. Carries an EM-pulse.
- Neoterra Bolts - 3D sculpting make things easier and they want to follow the Bolt/Morat pattern of releasing line troops. Meaning we're likely to see two boxes of line troop for every faction - one with basic troops and one with special weapons. Bolts will make more sense in 3rd ed rules. It sounded like they will become Religious or something analogous to it (won't retreat).
- Nikoul - Tohaa ambush unit.Won't be in 3rd ed, but available for download. Viral sniper. Sapper. Mines.
- O-12 - Are mostly political, like the UN. But will probably turn up as an army some time in the future (further down the line it seemed like). This mini will work as civilia/VIP for scenarios.
- Squalo - Nice new sculpt. More emphasis on the heavy grenade launcher.
- Sun Tze - Will get a new profile. Armour works as base for new Yu Jing sculpts.
- Tank hunters - New design, but still similar to the old. Autocannon version very popular model!
- Unidron Batroide - New Combined Army troops. Similar to Dakini Tacbots but for EI. Line troop for new generic Combined Army starter pack that might come later this year.
- Warcors - Will come as regular model but also a special version for people in the Warcor program.
- Assault pack - Controller and three antipodes. They are much more wolf like now and Carlos referred to them as a heat seeking missile that will almost certainly take out whatever they target. Will come in summer, probably.
I think that's mostly it when it comes to new information! Lots to look forward to. For me personally the new Invincible (terracotta) sectorial is veyr high on the list! Of couse, the Kazak sectorial might sway me...