"I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!"
Ooh! Trend breaker this round as I managed to win again. Two times in a row! I hope my luck holds for round eight as well. Hehe!
Yepp... it was finally time to get some spaceships into the LPL. And not just any ol' thing, but Serenity herself! I had been thinking about how to do something fun with my spaceship entry and not only do a straight on group shot. Background and terrain was my first thought, but then I remembered that my friend Anders had the Firefly model from GZG lying around unpainted and I thought it would make for a great "mini scenario". So I borrowed it from him (together with the asteroids and matt. Thanks Anders!) and painted it. It went real quick but I'm pretty happy with the result!
Originally my intent was to paint the remaining FSE ships, but in the end I decided against it. Primarily for lack of time, but also because I didn't want grey ships pursuing the already grey Serenity. So I missed out on the 10 bonus points for newly painted, but meh... it's not really about the points is it?
I went up against Charlie's Hobo Revolutionaries who were hanging around from a previous round. Theire painter, Rufus T Firefly, seems to have done a good job painting, but the picture could be a bit clearer and I think it helped me swipe the victory. In the end the vote ended at 212 vs 101.
Some other great entries this round were:
- Baby Cthulhu's Nursery - Awesome! The alphabet blocks and the painting is what really kicks this to the next level. Probably my favourite this round.
- Death by Inadequate Masonry - More tentacled goodness!
- Desert Column + Merchants - These two entries from Frank and Prof. Witcheimer respectively are both pretty amazing. I especially like the prof showing off some post apocalyptic stuff!
- Masks on Boys! - Love the "chunkyness" of these minis! And the painting has a nice gritty feel to it.
- Mad Doc's Masterpieces - Really cool selection of models that really have a great Earth Reborn-vibe to them. Wouldn't mind getting some of these myself...
For round eight I was going to make some more Martian stuff, more Earth Sec to be precise. But the minis I was waiting for didn't arrive in time so I had to come up with a substitute. I could have just painted more 15mm infantry or something, but that felt boring so I decided to try and finish a squad of my new Infinity minis. I had a slight accident with some spray varnish (more on that later) but I managed to get a decent picture in the end.
See my entry and all the other great stuff over at the Lead Adventure Forum. And don't forget to vote!