A band of Martian rebels with walker support.
After loosing against Bugsda last round I'm back to winning again this round with my newly painted "Reds".
The infantry are Sahadeen from Rebel Minis and the walkers are DIMOGs from Khurasan (with converted drivers). All reasonably nice models, although the infantry are not as clean as the UNSC minis from GZG or the heavy infantry from Blue Moon. There are quite a lot of greeblies and they were trickier to paint. The DIMOGs are nice sculpts, but speaking of greeblies... the driver! Phew! He's just one giant greeble isn't he?! Khurasan does amazing stuff but I was a bit dissapointed with the driver. Good thing is you don't see much of him when he's seated.
Something I tried out when painting these guys was using a regular pencil to make the chipped paint effect at the end of the rocket launcher barrel. I thought it might not look metallic enough to actually read to the naked eye but it worked really well and I'm looking forward to trying it again in the future.
I went up against Tomsche and his Sons of the Sand (with a big nasty sand golem!) this round and in the end I won with a bit of a margin. If the trend continues I'll loose rounds seven and (of!) nine but win rounds eight and ten. Hehe!
Some of my favourite entries this round were:
- Big Trouble in Little Fishbowl - Really cool minis (love diving helmet!), well painted and a beautiful composition!
- Field Trip with Miss Bachaus - I haven't seen the film(s) but Hammer's produced an awesome entry!
- Frontier Men - Once again Frank has put together the perfect nature scene.
- "You have 20 Seconds to Comply" - But I had to vote for the ED-209. :)
- Larkhall Police Lieutenant Omega Fives Riot Squad - Excellent use of digital camo and lighting effects.
- Agents of Evil - Robo-Hitler!
For round 7 I'm fiiiinally getting some starships into the league! Unfortunately only one is newly painted, but I think you'll recognize her...
See my entry and all the other great stuff over at the Lead Adventure Forum. And don't forget to vote!