My Earth Sectorial Army Ma.K Heavy Infantry
In round 3 I continued with my little 15mm Mars theme and submitted the power armoured infantry seen above. The minis are from Blue Moon Manufacturing and it was love at first sight so I actually bought 30 of the little buggers. They are good sculpts and remind me of the Japanese Maschinen Krieger model line. Also all 10 are actually unique which is kind of cool. I'm pretty happy with how they turned out, but I'd like to make the next batch with a kind of tan/terracotta camo and see how it turns out.
My opponent this time around was Pil and his creepy Nightmare Legion, a very characterful entry! I actually believe that's why I lost; in my (very personal) opinion my guys are slightly better painted, but Pil's have more character. I'm wondering if it would have been smarter for me not to include the entire squad but just five or six instead. The end result was 232 vs 134.
Some other great entries this round:
- They Came from the Frozen Wastes - Just great theme and painting.
- Withering Plague - Great painting combined with those really increadible water effects got my vote. Probably my favourite entry this round.
- Scary Monsters - Excellent mix of good sculpts and solid painting skills. Love it!
- Inmates of the Asylumn - Kind of like scary monsters, but more disturbing. Hehe!
- Trolls... in... Space! - Great minis and very impressive painting on the.
- Keep it in the Family - Very nicely painted mix of old and new Space Hulk miniatures. And those bases!
- Batteries not Included - Retro robot goodness and mad scientists!
Round 4 is more Mars madness from my part and it'll be interesting to see how it turns out. My 15mm stuff so far has been well received but hasn't won yet. Maybe third time is the charm! See them and all the other entries at the Lead Adventure Forum. And don't forget to vote!