firebroadside@gmail.com

Sunday 3 April 2011

LPL Sunday: Round 4! And round 3 recap

Sunday, April 03, 2011

Share it Please
My Earth Sectorial Army Ma.K Heavy Infantry

In round 3 I continued with my little 15mm Mars theme and submitted the power armoured infantry seen above. The minis are from Blue Moon Manufacturing and it was love at first sight so I actually bought 30 of the little buggers. They are good sculpts and remind me of the Japanese Maschinen Krieger model line. Also all 10 are actually unique which is kind of cool. I'm pretty happy with how they turned out, but I'd like to make the next batch with a kind of tan/terracotta camo and see how it turns out.

My opponent this time around was Pil and his creepy Nightmare Legion, a very characterful entry! I actually believe that's why I lost; in my (very personal) opinion my guys are slightly better painted, but Pil's have more character. I'm wondering if it would have been smarter for me not to include the entire squad but just five or six instead. The end result was 232 vs 134.

Some other great entries this round:




Round 4 is more Mars madness from my part and it'll be interesting to see how it turns out. My 15mm stuff so far has been well received but hasn't won yet. Maybe third time is the charm! See them and all the other entries at the Lead Adventure Forum. And don't forget to vote!

3 kommentarer :

  1. You're doing good in the rankings Martin! Got some 15mm African stuff to surprise us with?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm in the top of the bottom half. Hehe! But unless 15mm start getting more popular I think I'll slowly sink downwards. :)

    No African stuff from me I'm afraid. I only want to paint stuff that I'll be able to use so historical stuff is pretty much out. I had an idea to get crusties from GZG and make a District 9 inspired scene, but since GZG is closed I haven't been able to get the minis. Oh well... I'll do some token African stuff in the background at least.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm ranked 66 at the moment, but from now on I've got more "pulpstyle" stuff planned. Maybe that will swing some votes in my favour lol!

    For me it's Africa with a twist, hope it still counts for the bonus ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...