Round 2 is over and almost all of the contestants submitted new entries. Lots of good stuff to look at! I submitted my old Necromunda Delaque gang as I hadn't had time to paint anything new. However it's never been shown online before and I thought this was as good an opportunity as any. My first foray into Necromunda was with the Cawdor and has since then tried most of the other gangs, but the Delaque with their trenchcoats, baldness and general sneakyness always appealed to me. The green colour for the coats was inspired by the Cyclops gang/cult in La Cite des Enfants Perdus.
They were fairly well received (even though they're GW minis!) and in the end I scored 342 votes against 32 for Tom Reeds U.S. Rocket Corps.
Some of my favourite entries this round were:
- Boys Will be Boys/Indian Summer - Two great entries. In the end my vote went to the one with the dinosaur because of it's great theme and execution.
- Followers of the Mahdi - Frank, that I faced in round 1, is at it again with a great scene. This tops his wardancer scene I think and is probably my favourite entry this round. Great stuff, even though the banner is upside down. :)
- Sniper Team PA-6mm - Can you see them? They're 6mm and very well camouflaged.
- The Frozen North - This entry makes me want to pull out Beyond the Mountains of Madness. Or re-read The Terror. Or watch that documentary about Shackleton that I've been puttin off.
- Papa Hobo - Nice to see some Secrets of the Third Reich stuff. Especially this well done!
- Frida's Smugglers - Some hot seaman action here! Hehe!
Special mentions go to the Dicks in Space for putting some Phalons out there, and Andy's Royal Dutch Navy spacefleet that went neck to neck with Tomsche's weeping angels the whole week! Very tense. :)
This round I'm back to 15mm with my Mars theme as the Earth Sectorial Army is taking shape. See them and all the other entries at the Lead Adventure Forum. And don't forget to vote!