firebroadside@gmail.com

Wednesday 2 September 2009

BSG Done and Done!

Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Share it Please
So I mentioned earlier that I'd finished painting my Battlestar Galactica minis and I thought I'd share some pictures:


The Colonial Armada, ready for battle.



Versus the nefarious Cylon raiders...



The Raiders were really simple to paint. I started out just covering them with Mithril Silver and then gave them a black wash. That's it. I was planning to add more details and polish them after that, but seeing the wash dry I thought they looked great just the way they were.



Get the Heavy Raider! Eek!



The Raptors were basically Catachan Green with a black wash highlighted with Catachan Green and then a Catachan Green/Bubonic Brown mix. I know they "really" shouldn't be green at all, but rather sand coloured because that's how the real props were painted. But, damnit, if the lightning and the camera filters they choose to use when making BSG makes them look green then they're bloody green!


I actually played a game of BSG last Saturday and got to use the painted minis for the first time and, maybe it's just me, but I think they really added to the game! It just felt more immersive and personal in some way. It's a great bang for your buck: the models that are actually kind of fiddly to paint are the Vipers, but there are only eight of them! And all the Raides are dead easy so shouldn't pose a problem to anyone. So I highly recommend painting your BSG minis!

Now I just need the two basestars from the Pegasus Expansion and I'll be a happy camper.

3 kommentarer :

  1. Where did you get the stands and how did you affix them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you get the stands and how did you affix them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there Unknown and welcome to Fire Broadside!

      The bases are regular 25mm bases as used by games like 40k etc. I didn't have any non-slotted bases available so simply taped over them and painted them black. I drilled a hole in the base and bent the end of a bit of wire into a triangle so I could glue it to the bottom and then have the other end poke up and into the hole I drilled in the mini. Easy peasy lemon squeezy!

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...