firebroadside@gmail.com

Saturday 25 July 2015

Magnetizing my Scourge for Dropzone Commander

Saturday, July 25, 2015

Share it Please
Dropzone_Commander_Magnetized_ Prowlers

Finally getting to grips with putting together and painting an army (or two) for Dropzone Commander by Hawk Wargames. First out is the Scourge which will be my main army and where I'll put most of my resources. However, I will also paint the UCM from the core box and probably add a few extra units to make it into a solid demo army.

Anyway, I haven't actually got the core box quite yet but I really wanted to get stuck in so decided to start off with some Intruder Alphas and Betas together with a bunch of Prowlers and Destroyers. Since the prowlers are probably my favourite unit in the entire game (who wouldn't love a Mini Cooper sized crab mech with five eyes and a plasma proboscis?!) I started with those.

When DzC was first released in 2012 I really didn't like the look of the Scourge as models and wasn't particularly impressed by the metallic studio paintjob either. Luckily I've grown older and wiser and the little jellies have really grown on me! The Marauder and Despoiler dropships still look a little odd to me, but I love the rest of the range! After thinking of different paint schemes and looking at what other people's armies I've come around on the purple metallics to. The thought of making them more organic looking seems common when looking at other armies, but I actually think that's the wrong way of going about it. To me they look like metal constructs that have grown in an organic way, not the other way around and for some reason painting them to look more "fleshy" actually make them seem less alien, as far as I'm concerned. That they look organic but are actually metal just feels... stranger. So yeah, that was a long-winded way of telling you that I'll be sticking pretty close to the studio scheme when painting these babies!

What's that about magnets you say? Oh, I almost forgot. Being able to easily and effectively magnetize (or simply slot in) the entire army in their respective dropships was also an attractive reason for choosing Scourge - it simply looks cool to have everything hanging underneath, like it should! So for these little guys I simply dug out my trusty old 1.5mm x 0.75mm magnets that I've been using for Heavy Gear and Infinity as well. One in each pad on the Intruder and one at the top of head of the Prowlers and off we go!


I would have made some correct sci-fi sounds but the proto-gamer was asleep in the other room. Just imagine some pew-pews, lots of scuttling sounds and the screaming howl of the Intruder as it dives in. ;)

So yeah... just wanted to let you guys know that I'm actually doing stuff even if it seems a bit quiet around these parts. Talk to you again soon!

0 kommentarer :

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...