A recon element of the Earth Sectorial army.
Last round was a real nailbiter as I went up against Mancha's Mouse Patrol! I don't think we were ever more than eight or nine votes apart during the week and in the end I won with but a single vote, one more and it would have counted as a draw. Phew! Although I really liked the mice, I'm glad my 15mm guys finally managed a win.
The minis are UNSC marines from GZG (I'll insert a link later when the new online store is up) and they're great sculpts with loads of detail! The vehicle is the comanche MATV from Rebel Minis. I was actually slightly surprised at how rough a few parts of it were when I got it and I had to do some cleaning to get it in shape, however when painted you don't really see the flawed areas and it just looks beautiful! It also comes with some different weapon options and a small shield/turret as well and I had a hard time deciding if I should use that or not. In the end I went for the leaner look without the turret, but I'm not sure I made the right decision. What do you think:
Some of my favourite entries from round 4 was:
- Bamboo Raiders - Great painting and great minis.
- Nemo's Army - Two words: Crab. Tank.
- Imperial Escort - Although not to scale, some really nicely painted Star Wars ships.
- Ah, with ever anxious heart, the blossoms are falling... - My absolute favourite entry this round! Maybe not the best painted, but the composition and those sakura trees made me melt.
- Die human scum! - Some awesome sci fi right here! Made me want to get some AE Bounty minis.
- Wolf Pack - Definitely an underrated entry. Probably because of its "mundanity" compared to the terminators. But have a look at the painting again... that fur is amazing!
- 'Relax men, it's only a couple of gau...' - Again, maybe not the best painted, but Andys scratch built bio-titan just looks awesome! Good work man!
In round 5 I'm unfortunately missing out on both the newly painted team bonus and the additional Africa theme bonus. I have a strict rule not to paint anything that I won't be able to use later for gaming, and since I'm mostly a sci fi kind of guy the Africa theme was tough. What I really wanted to do was get some non-prawn "crusties" from GZG and make a small District 9 scene. But I was a bit slow and the GZG store is now temporarily closed for updates. Bummer.
So instead I decided to enter a few of my Northern Guard gears, and to spice it up I painted a squad of infantry as well! They turned out great, so I'm very happy in any case. See my entry and all the other great stuff over at the Lead Adventure Forum. And don't forget to vote!