So I made my way over to Maelstrom Games (can't beat free worldwide shipping!) and ordered a sheet together with some other flock and I got them earlier this week. Today I had the day off so after meeting up with an old friend and playing half a game of Space Hulk: Death Angel (we had lost almost half the squad as that point so it wasn't going well) I decided to try out my new little tufts. They're really easy to apply; just put some PVA glue on the base, use pliers or some tweezers to grab a tuft from the sheet, stick them on the glue and done!
I think you get a lot of bang for your buck. Really quick to use, but it adds a lot to the model. Some quick shots:
Franz, Mannfred and Dieter posing for the picture.
I normally paint static grass after I apply it but I think these tufts look good as is.
Speaking of flock, the static grass I got are packaged in little plastic tubs, and they're literally filled to the brim! Sure it's nice with a lot of product for your money but this does make it impossible to open the lid without spilling static grass all over your workplace. Hrmpg...
Well, now I'm actually going to be a disciplined little painter and sit down with my Relthoza battleship and actually finish it. Tonight.