firebroadside@gmail.com

Tuesday 8 November 2011

A Revisit of the Saitama Storm Drains

Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Share it Please

I wrote about the Saitama storm drains (or the Metropolitan Area Outer Underground Discharge Channel, if you want to get technical) in this old post from 2009 and likened it to the dwarf-city of Dwarrowdelf, aka Moria. It's a very interesting location that's been used in numeours commercials, movies and video games.


TheOneRing.net had an article about it the other day, making the same connotations to Moria that I did, and it reminded me that I had forgotten to post my own pictures of the "Underground Temple" from when I was there with my friends in early 2010. So without further ado:










And this is what it looks like from the outside. Nice that they have their own soccer field.

It's a spectacular location and if you visit the Tokyo area you really should try to make your way there. It's a bit off the beaten path as it's out in Saitama prefecture (not Tokyo as is usually claimed) so it's an hour or two by train and then a 45 minute walk. Well worth it though!

0 kommentarer :

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...