firebroadside@gmail.com

Thursday 20 October 2011

Prepping for tomorrow's Mouse Guard!

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Share it Please

As I mentioned in an earlier post I've been trying to get some new blood into our roleplaying group. Or, failing that inject my own blood into somebody else's (eww!). With Mouse Guard it ended up being a bit of a mix as we've got parts from another group plus another friend who haven't roleplayed in years. As it happens nobody from my "original group" could make it to tomorrows meeting so it's a new game, a new way of playing and with new people! Should be interesting.

So! I decided to do some prepping! Since preparing the actual adventure is very quick in Mouse Guard (and Burning Wheel as well I imagine) there's more time for doing nifty things like character profiles etc! I decided that we should start out with some pre-generated characters and I went with the group from the Delivering the Mail mission. Although with some name changes.

I put together a summary page for each of the chosen characters (like the one on the right) that also includes his Belief, Goal, Instinct and Traits. I hope this will work as a quick intro to all of the characters and also for easy reference for the other players during the actual session. Also the artwork is awesome and really adds to the feel of the table. I also got a cheap set of poker chips that will be used for Fate points (white), Persona points (black) and Checks (red). There are also some blue and green ones but I'm not sure if I will use them. Perhaps for Disposition during conflicts...

Been thinking a bit about background music and have been considering different soundtracks. Might give some music from the different Fable games a try. Or perhaps Dragon Age. I guess it depends on how well the players know them.

Anyway, just wanted to share that! Will report more on tomorrow's session after the fact. Can't wait!

0 kommentarer :

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...