firebroadside@gmail.com

Wednesday 13 April 2011

Shooting Space

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Share it Please

Just took a couple of test snaps of part of my UNSC fleet against a more cinematic background to see what it would look like (just for fun... you know, no special reason) and it is indeed rather tricky to photograph spaceship models well. I think the above shot is decent (considering what I have to work with), but it could be a lot better.

Bringing these models out reminded me of how much I like the Full Thrust range. I really should order some more UNSC stuff and some civilian ships when the store is back up.

That's all. Just wanted to share a space picture with you guys. :)

6 kommentarer :

  1. Nice pic, and some good looking ships. What are you using for the background?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!

    It's simply a Hubble picture that I printed out at A3 size. That's still a bit on the small side though, you really need a lot of space to photograph spaceships! Also, I think this particular picture is a bit to 'busy'. I'll try and get something with less stars in it instead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried it too, but I only have acces to A4 size paper. Waaaay to small for a decent picture! So my Dutch fleet went into the LPL with a backdrop that looks a lot like my porch lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Superb work! Those are really nice ships!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Andy Yes, I'm lucky in that I have a friend with access to professional printers. But I think even A3 is a bit small so next time I'll do something a bit larger. 120x100cm or so should suffice... :)

    @Thu'ook Thanks! They were a lot of fun to paint. I've been thinking about taking some more inspired pictures of them for a long time. I just need to get my asteroids and planets sorted and I'll do a Full Trust revisit. Oh, and same thing goes for my Heavy Gear stuff.

    By the way, how are your Southeners coming along?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...