firebroadside@gmail.com

Friday 7 January 2011

In the house of pain... cakes!

Friday, January 07, 2011

Share it Please

Yes, it sounds scary but it ends with the word cakes so how bad can it be?!

The House of Paincakes is an international miniature wargaming blog network aimed for a more
mature audience, and after both Andy and Porky joined it I felt I had to give it a go. Luckily I was accepted earlier today and I'm excited to see what kind of winding paths this might take Fire Broadside. Just hop on over to the House and have a look around. There's a lot of cool blogs to get lost in!

In other news you might have noticed that I've now played my first couple of games of Earth Reborn (woo!), and even though we've only scratched the surface (just having played with the absolute rule basics) I feel there's so much potential in this game! I'll type out a proper post on it soon enough.

Also, tomorrow is the first of our newly instated game days that we'll have twice a month from now on. We had some bad luck with people getting sick and surprise work getting in the way, but there'll be four of us at least and it's looking like we'll start off with a game of Twilight Imperium and then Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay. I do believe our heroes have a funeral to attend to...

3 kommentarer :

  1. Well done - it's a bold step forward! But then I would say that, wouldn't I? I'm wondering about those winding paths too...

    Earth Reborn and Twilight Empire both look good, but Reborn seems something special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Porky It really is. Since we had another player not being able to join us until the evening we played a couple of games of Earth Reborn today instead of TI and it reinforced my belief in the game even more.

    Even though we played the exact same tutorial scenario I'd played with my other two friends (twice!) it turned out completely different and was quite the nailbiter. As was the next scenario where two NORAD agents have to try and escape a burning building, pursued by Salemite forces. I'm just so excited to try out the shooting and equipment rules!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The house will benefit greatly with your acceptance ... Go Martin Go! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...