firebroadside@gmail.com

Thursday 3 February 2011

Lead Painters' League, Season 5

Thursday, February 03, 2011

Share it Please

So, again after having been egged on by Andy over at Creepy Corridor, I've decided to enter the Lead Painters' League (LPL) this year. I followed it after the fact last year and it seems like a lot of fun so I'll do my part and ad to the fun this year.

Basically it's a painting league that run for ten weeks with a new round each week where you have to enter a team of miniatures. A team is defined as a minimum of five models that need to share some kind of common theme (as in they're a team!) but apart from that setting, scale or number of models is all up to the contestant. In each round you're pitted against an opponent in a vote-off and the entry with the most votes gets 20 points and the loser gets 10 points. The cool thing about LPL is that you can't get knocked out, you'll only fall lower on the league roster. I like that! If you're curious about the full rules you can find them here.

There are a couple of additional things that are worth mentioning; 1. you get bonus points for entering teams that have not appeared on the internet before, and 2. rounds 1, 5 and 10 are special bonus rounds where you can score extra points if your team follows a certain predetermined theme.

I'm not going to go full throttle and buy and paint a lot of minis just for this competition. The idea is to use a mix of my older stuff that I haven't shown on my blog, some stuff that has been on my blog but not entirely finished (Witch Hunters, Relthoza etc) and some fresh stuff that I've had on my plate for a long time and now finally will get around to finishing. I did go ahead and order models for one of the entries that I have in mind, but it's a project I've had in my head for a long time so I think it's ok (however, it's from GZG and since they've had problem getting all their orders out recently I'm not sure I'll get it in time).

What I'm a little bummed out about is that if I want to enter, for example, my Witch Hunters it'd be smarter to not include the warrior priest and the warhounds as I've shown them here before. That way I'd get the 10 bonus points for entering a newly painted team, but it'd feel... wrong. I understand the rule, and I think it's a good one, but... hrmm...

Anyway, I think it'll be fun so if you enjoy miniature painting why not join in as well?! Have a look over at the Lead Adventure forum for a general feel of the community.

2 kommentarer :

  1. Me? egged you on? I would not dare such a thing .... lol!
    Great that you're participating. I'm sure you'll end some ways above me in the final ranking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe! Always the instigator.... :)
    I think it's very good for me though! Makes me try new things.

    Really looking forward to the LPL now. I think it'll be a blast!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...