firebroadside@gmail.com

Saturday 20 November 2010

Space Station "Clarke" Concept

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Share it Please

I came across this concept art on my daily trawl and really liked to look of it. Duncan Law-Green over at Rocketeers.co.uk made it together with Feguimel from Deviant Art. It's basically a small Stanford torus made up from inflatable modules, spinning to provide 1/10th to 1/20th of Earth gravity. I like it because of its relative simplicity and feasibility. I really hope we'll start seeing things like this sooner rather than later.

I like the extra UK touch with the Skylon space plane on its way to dock with the station. That's definitely a project to keep an eye on over the coming years!

From Rocketeers.co.uk - Space Station 'CLARKE'

2 kommentarer :

  1. With some luck we could still be around when the first shuttles go up ... wanna book a ticket ? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really really hope so. Guess I should start saving...

    Where's my piggybank?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...