firebroadside@gmail.com

Monday 8 March 2010

Looking to the future!

Monday, March 08, 2010

Share it Please
Things to come...

As some of you might have noticed lately updates have been rather sporadic and haven't involved any painting or modelling. The reason is that I'm preparing to move back to Sweden so these last few days here in Japan are very hectic! However when I'm finally settled down back in Stockholm  there will be a lot more gaming action so there should be a fairly steady stream of updates.

For starters there is the upcoming WFRP3 campaign that we're kicking off that I'm thinking about doing a kind of ongoing journal here on Fire Broadside about. So far it's only in the planning stage, but we do have a dwarf slayer and a Sigmarite priest ready to go and the Game Master's Toolkit as well as the first campaign module should hit the stores right about the time I touch down in Stockholm. Inspired by "I Sell the Dead", we originally had an idea about playing a group of grave robbers and their romp through the old world as they come across everything from mad scientistis, vengeful wives and ancient necromancers. However, we've decided to put that on hold until we're more familiar with the 3rd edition system, and it'll also give us a chance to see what kind of campaign FFG has managed to come up with.



Then there's the different space ship games that we're into. It all started with Full Thrust (or BFG, but that was a long time ago) but, for me at least, it's kind of morphed into a more general interest in collecting all kinds of cool looking ships. Hehe! As I mentioned in my last post I have a bunch of things I'd like to get my hands on, but I think I'll concentrate on making a small Yamato/Star Blazers EDF fleet first as I've found a bunch of model kits that should fit just perfectly. Of course I want to get all the different fleets I've been talking about sooner or later, but I have to begin somewhere. And since we're giving Firestorm: Armada a go the larger Yamato model ships is the best fit I've found so far.


And of course I'm not finished with Heavy Gear! The only problem is that none of my Swedish friends are into it. That might change after they get to try it out, but I think I might have a hard time to get them into a new miniature game. On the plus side, you don't need all that many minis, the rules are fairly straight-forward (although I haven't actually played a game yet) and it has a really cool background! On the other hand, it's a bit "fiddlier" than other games to get into, what with all the different upgrade and weapon options, and it's not exactly cheap either.
Well, I'll give it a go with them and see what they say. Whatever happens I know I'll keep collecting DP9 models!





Besides these three main projects there's naturally all kinds of different board games, roleplaying games (Diaspora!) and other fun stuff that I'm sure will find their way here for your reading pleasure. Not to mention weird stuff that I come across on the internets and feel like sharing.



Ps. Oh, and after having both read through Spirit of the Century and spent quite a bit of time at the Creepy Corridor and checking out Andy's links I feel like I really should get into some pulp miniature gaming. I mean, just look at this guy!

4 kommentarer :

  1. Hahahahahahahaha ....
    Yes Martin, come over to the Pulp side !

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you like B5 wargaming, you should check b5wars.net, home of the late AoG Babylon 5 Wars game. Their full scale minis were later acquired by Mongoose for the Call to Arms B5 wargame.

    I'd be kind of prudent about trying to convert friends to HG though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I made a quick look through of that site and it seems impressive indeed!

    And yes, I'm difinitely going to do my best to get my friends into Heavy Gear. I've also been thinking about getting a second small Southern army to be able to demo it and spread som DP9 goodness in Sweden. We'll see...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suffice to say... well, do you mind if I send you a mail instead ? Some things aren't to be discussed in a public setting. My gmail.com adress is "achminov"

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...