firebroadside@gmail.com

Wednesday 13 January 2010

Scopedog for the people!

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Share it Please
Well, as it turns out I haven't actually had time to do anything more than basecoating the Gears so I thought I'd give you some other mecha action to tide you over until I get more time:


1/18 ATM-09-ST Scopedog.

I picked up this guy a while back for about 3000 JPY but then I kind of forgot about him. Then when looking through my gaming nook and finding him I decided to take some pictures!



Here's the actual box. I've mostly done away with it now though as I'm not one of THOSE collectors.




You can attach pieces to the light machine gun to make it a heavy machinegun. Yay! (I like the light look though).




Closeup of the torso and head. You can of course swivel and rotate the scope unit as well as open the visor, and, surprisingly, the grey box at the front of the chest.



In fact the entire figure/model is extremely well detailed with a fantastic range of movements possible. You can even flip the little switch for single and automatic fire on the gun!



The man himself: Chirico Cuvie.

 
What's that down there?


Oh, it's a little tiny 1/144 Scopedog! I picked up this and a couple of others last year. Since they're the same scale I thought it'd be interesting to see how they compared to DP9's Gears and...



...it turns out they're tiny compared to them too! The same height as a Cheetah, but much dantier and fragile looking. :)


Anyway, since coming to Japan in 2005 I've become almost allergic to anime. It's not until you learn Japanese and experience the culture first hand you realize how, well... urgh... most anime is. Very urgh! BUT there are some that I still can watch, like VOTOMS and Cowboy Bebop, and although I try to restrain myself from buying lots of silly figures that'll just end up at the back of the closet or on eBay I'm glad I got the Scopedog.

Oh, and this as well:

5 kommentarer :

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice stuff ! Takara model I take it ?
    Interesting comment on anime, good anime tends to be real good, but that doesn't prevent most of it to be total junk. Like most medias, really.
    When do we see your painted Dragoon squad ? :op

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, it's this one. Glad I found it at such a good price! :)

    Phew! I started to write a reply about anime, but it turned out way too long so I turned it into a new post.

    As for the Dragoon Squad, you should hopefully see the three Jaguars tomorrow. Wee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's a nice price ! Was it a bargain, or does HLJ just make that much of a killing on exporting that kind of stuff ?
    I thought it was the Yamato model at first, but their scopedog is 1/12th, not 1/18th. Hmmm, Yammies...

    Anyway, can't wait to see those Jags !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it was a bargain, but not such a big one. The Scopedogs that go for about 10,000 JPY here is the big 1/12 Yamato one. But I actually don't think it looks as good as this one. Especially the painting.

    Yepp, wife is out all day tomorrow so three Jags coming up! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...